Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork. These thai ground pork lettuce wraps go by a few other names. Spicy pork lettuce wraps, ground pork lettuce wraps, or… Pork larb recipe is another common name, which is actually the "unofficial" dish of Laos, but popular in regions of Thailand where there are many Laotians. This pork larb lettuce wrap fits my bill; its savory filling, the fresh and crispy lettuce, plus the perfectly balanced dipping sauce that is savory, sweet, spicy Add the dipping sauce on top of the meat, wrap and enjoy.
A traditional Thai dish called Larb Gai, they're quick to make and full of fresh flavours from herbs and lime, plus a nice hit of chilli. Use chicken mince or pork mince, bundle it up in lettuce or serve it over rice! This ground pork lettuce wraps recipe is a total crowd pleaser! You can cook Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion-diced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemongrass-minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger-minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 5 oz of water chestnuts-drained and diced.
- Prepare 5 oz of bamboo shoots-drained and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of fresh jalepeno-minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil, or to taste.
- Prepare 4 of green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cilantro-chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges.
- It’s 8 of lettuce leaves, butter lettuce or romaine.
Flavorful stir-fried pork, tofu, and green onion are rolled into a lettuce wrap with steamed rice. All Reviews for Quick Asian Lettuce Wraps. I made these with ground turkey and didn't use tofu (didn't have it on hand). Lettuce wraps make an incredible low-carb but incredibly filling lunch or dinner recipe.
Thai lettuce wraps with ground pork instructions
- Heat canola oil in pan..
- Sauté garlic, onion, lemongrass, and ginger on med heat about 5 mins..
- Add ground pork, or ground meat of your choice. Mix well..
- While meat is simmering, make sauce. Add garlic chili sauce, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and ground black pepper..
- Add sauce to meat and stir..
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and jalepeno. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir well and cooked until meat is done, breaking up meat as you go..
- Take off heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and cilantro. Stir well..
- Add mix to lettuce wraps and serve with fresh lime..
You might also like these Ground Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps, Vegan Thai Lettuce Cups, well as these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Life sometimes can go from completely normal to slightly chaotic in a matter. Thai Lettuce Wraps Recipe Easy to make, low in carbs, and incredibly delicious, these Thai Lettuce Wraps will absolutely WOW your taste buds and are sure to become a You can use your choice of ground beef, pork, chicken, turkey, or wild game. Today we're using ground veal for these wraps. At Thai restaurants, Tom Mylan usually requests a double order of larb (or laab ), an addictive appetizer of ground meat spiked with chiles, lime juice and fish sauce and served with lettuce leaves for wrapping.