After some simple twists and turns, these healthy Asian chicken recipes are healthy meals for the whole family.
I made two simple keys for my father’s recipe to make this dish suitable for ancient animals. There are some other variations, this Chinese chicken dish can be full of 30 and keto, too.
This homemade Chinese dish contains a lot of protein. I use boneless chicken thighs, but you can also use chicken breasts.
If you want this dish to be vegan or vegetarian, please use firm tofu instead of chicken.
To make healthy Chinese garlic chicken, I use coconut acid instead of soy sauce. This is an excellent choice to reduce the salt content and make it gluten-free.
30-Minute Healthy Chinese Lemon Chicken-Crispy and sticky chicken pieces wrapped in a sweet and rich lemon sauce.Print
30-Minute Healthy Chinese Lemon Chicken-Crispy and sticky chicken pieces wrapped in a sweet and rich lemon sauce.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup | 80 ml chicken stock, aim for low sodium
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (can sub with soy sauce – see notes)
- salt to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour, or tapioca flour/starch (can sub with corn starch)
- coconut oil for frying
- sliced sliced spring onions
- sesame seeds
- In a small sauce pot warm the sesame oil on a medium low heat. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the honey, chicken stock, lemon juice and coconut aminos to the pot. Whisk to fully combine and bring the sauce to a boil then reduce the heat down to a simmer. Stir occasionally to keep from burning. Keep cooking until the sauce reduces down to a thick glaze – about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside as your prep your chicken
- Place the chicken pieces in a shallow bowl or plate and toss with starch coating all sides. Try not to crowd the chicken.
- Add a tablespoon or two of coconut oil to a non stick skillet. When the oil is hot add the coated chicken. Fry over medium heat, a couple of minutes on each side until the coating begins to crisp.
- Continue to sauté over medium heat until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Once all the chicken pieces are cooked briefly remove them from the pan. Pour out the remaining oil and wipe down with a paper towel to remove any burnt bit and leftover starch. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the sauce.
- Toss and cook on a low heat for a couple of minutes to let the chicken soak up the sauce. Top with sliced green onions and sesame if desired and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Asian Chicken Recipes